Kaya means entire body. Chikitsa means treatment. Therefore Kaya chikitsa means treatment given to all the diseases afflicting the entire body.
- Diagnosis and treatment of general systemic diseases like common cold, fever, headache etc.
- Management of joint disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, osteo-arthritis, cervical & lumbar spondylosis, frozen shoulder, gout etc.
- Management of neurological disorders like facial paralysis, hemiplegia, carpel tunnel syndrome, sciatica etc.
- Management of genito- urinary disorders like dysuria, uti, infertility etc.
- Management of respiratoty disorders like bronchial asthma, allergic respiratory disease etc.
- Management of life style disorders like diabetes mellitus, hypertension, obesity, dyslipidemia etc.
- Management of geriatric disorders like alzheimer’s disease, dementia etc.
- Management of gastrointestinal disorders- vomiting, diarrhoea, liver disease, jaundice, hepatitis, gastritis, irritable bowel disease, etc.
Kaumarbhritya is one of the most important branch amongst astanga ayurveda as it deals with prevention and cure of childhood diseases. The aim of this branch is better development of children, tomorrow’s future. “a healthy and brilliant child is a national wealth”. Tomorrow’s nation is built on today’s healthy child! The children are prone for many diseases because of their immature immune system.
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders of children
- Skin disorders, gastro-intestinal disorders like constipation, malabsorption syndrome
- Autism, adhd, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, mental retardation, growth and development disorders, recurrent respiratory tract infections etc.
- Swarnaprashana given on every pushya nakshatra to boost immunity and all-round development of the child.
- Specialized &customized paediatric panchakarma
- Paediatric physiotherapy
- Memory boosting techniques
A special branch of the ashtang ayurvedic tree, shalakya tantra encompasses the treatment for the diseases affecting the body parts located that are above the neck. This reveals that the branch of the science of life deals with the causes, diagnosis and curative procedures of the diseases pertaining to the head, ear, nose, eye, lips and throat. A number of methods are formulated for the treatment of the organs of the body, according to the shalakya tantra. In sanskrit, the word shalaka means a rod or a probe. Therefore, by shalakya tantra, it is meant that the treatment would be done using rods or probes in order to apply medication to the affected parts of the body. Here in this article, we have discussed about shalakya tantra
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to eyes, ears, nose, throat, oral cavity and head.
- Management of eye disorders like diabetic retinopathy, dry eye, macular degeneration, allergic conjunctivitis, computer vision syndrome etc.
- Management of refractive errors
- Management of oral cavity disorders like recurrent stomatitis, foul breath, periodontitis, gingivitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, dental hypersensitivity, etc.
- Management of ears disorders like deafness, tinnitus, otitis, wax, chronic suppurative otitis media etc.
- Management of nasal disorders like rhinitis, sinusitis, vestibulitis etc.
- Effective treatment for various types of headaches like migraine, sinusitis, trigeminal neuralgia etc.
This method is exclusively for women patients on their pregnancy period. Pregnancy period is the time which every woman needs better care and love.Hence Stri Roga and Prasoothi Tantra deals with gynecology department. Prasutitantra, that is the obstetrics and gynecology section, forms one of the main branches of Ayurveda. It is believed that the Ayurvedic methods or practices, if followed during pregnancy, will lead to a complication-free delivery. Ayurveda also states the ideal guidelines to be followed during pregnancy and the most appropriate time of conceiving a baby. It has suggested a very good protocol for that, which is called garbhini paricharya. Garbhini paricharya has given a detailed description of ahar (nutrition), vihar (life style) to be followed by women during pregnancy.
- Homely atmosphere and care for each patients.
- Lady care takers for each patients
- Diagnosis and management of Gynaecological disorders.
- Special Treatments for PCOS, Leucorrhoea, Menopausal Symptoms, Dysmenorrhoea, Ovarian cyst, Prurits Vulvae , Vaginits , Vulvitis, Cervical Erosion, Polyp
- Pre-natal counseling
- Post natal counseling
- Pre-marital counselling.
- Guidelines for conception.
- Uttara basti and Yoni Pichu Special treatments.
- Yoni Prakshalana , Ksharakarma Treatments.
- Diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric illness like schizophrenia.
- Management of stress related disorders, anxiety, insomnia, irritable bowel syndrome, depression etc.
- Treatment for all addictions like gutka, paan, cigarette smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse etc. ( a special treatment schedule will be prepared to cleanse both body and mind)
- Treatments include counselling, meditation and yoga
- Personality enhancing programmes which helps to overcome lack of memory, confidence, abnormal social behaviour and to develop leadership qualities.
- Management of psychosexual illness.
- Management of disorders which requires surgical intervention with special ayurvedic techniques like renal calculi, bph etc.
- Special treatments for ano-rectal disorders like piles (haemorrhoids), fistula, fissures etc.
- Agnikarma (therapeutic cauterization)- in excision of warts, skin eruptions, excision of growths & in pain management (sciatica, calcaneal spur, etc)
- Ksharasootra and ksharakarma in ano-rectal disorders.
- Jaloukavacharna (leech therapy)-to manage inflammatory conditions of skin and soft tissues, abscess etc.
- Rakta mokshana (blood letting )-in disorders due to vitiated blood, skin diseases, varicose veins etc.
Panchakarma is a traditional indian ayurvedic treatment that is useful for the cleansing and detoxification of the mind, body and the spirit. The panchakarma treatment for cleansing and detoxification of the body consists of a series of five therapeutic treatments that aid the removal of toxins from the body.
Expertised panchakarma therapies in
- Prevention of disease
- Promotion of health
- Skin disease
- Musculo-skeletal disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Metabolic disorders
- Auto-immune disorders
- Hepato-renal disorders
- Acid-peptic disorders
- Psychosomatic disorders
Visha chikitsa deals with treatments for toxins. The toxin can be affected from air & water pollution, toxins in animals, minerals, vegetables, and epidemics. Visha chikitsa involves treatments for snake & insect bites, food poisoning, poisoning caused from air & water pollution etc.